Supplier Quality Engineer
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
We are currently looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our team. This person will take the lead in creating a vision for Supplier Quality Management and drive the highest performance standards for all new and existing suppliers. Identify top pareto items and drive corrective and preventative action, qualify the best in quality and influence the right change using quality tools such as FMEA, DOEs, Process Control, First Article Inspections, Six sigma tools and 8D. The Supplier Quality Engineer will work closely with Supply Chain Management and TechDev to continuously improve quality. This position may require travel.
This is a full-time, hybrid position located in Alameda, California.
What you will do
- Closely partner with Technology Development teams and external suppliers in developing FMEAs and implement mitigation plans that ensures releasing high quality products.
- Collaborate with functional teams and develop vision for Supplier Quality Management that aligns with business needs.
- Drive the highest supplier quality standards for all new and existing products by proactively using Advanced Quality Planning tools such as Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Process Control Plans, Process Capability and Design of Experiments.
- Lead and manage supplier quality initiatives and strategic plans related to both new and sustaining products.
- Evaluate prospective suppliers to ensure capabilities and systems align with company requirements.
- Work closely with suppliers to assure applicable Quality systems are in place for identification, processing and disposition of non-conforming materials
- Lead supplier quality discussions at both internal business review meetings and supplier QBRs.
- Identify Critical to Quality processes and product metrics and drive sustainable improvement.
- Lead cross functional audits to ensure conformity to contractual requirements as well Quality system compliance, manage any 3rd party audits and train internal auditors.
- Ability to balance both Quality goals and Business needs of the organization.
- Must be able to adapt to an ever-changing work environment.
Who you are
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with a Master’s degree or 5 years of experience with Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must have Quality/qualification experience in a demanding fast paced environment.
- Experience in troubleshooting/problem solving of manufacturing and/or assembly processes is required.
- Experience facilitating quality reviews and demonstrated use of quality assurance tools.
- A strong knowledge of statistical tools is preferred.
- Demonstrated use of effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to mine data for growing trends and driving sustained continual improvement.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools is required.
- ASQ certification for Quality or equivalent preferred.
- Familiarity with a major PLM tool such as Oracle Product Module or Agile PLM or Arena PLM is preferred.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.