Lab Services Technician
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
As a Lab Services Technician, you will work with the other members of the lab services team to provide a safe and effective laboratory in support of our research teams’ needs. This includes providing hands-on support in managing chemical supplies, compressed gas systems, safety equipment, and preventative maintenance of specialized lab equipment. We will provide you with on-the-job training in areas specific to our equipment.
This position is an incredible opportunity to learn about laboratory maintenance and management, which includes environmental health and safety, project management, and operations. As part of the lab services branch of facilities, you will see how your work makes an impact on the big picture every day.
What you will do
- Regularly serve as primary responder to lab emergencies or safety concerns
- Perform preventative maintenance, calibration, and inspection of lab and safety equipment
- Supporting technical teams with routine task support as needed
- Identify and implement improvements to inventory management and receiving
- Help with manual tasks around the lab such as organizing lab benches and stockrooms, performing inventories, and general maintenance
- Record keeping and handling of hazardous waste
- Coordinate with external service providers to support the lab needs
- Monitor gas inventory and change out compressed gas cylinders
- Collaborate on the creation and set up of new lab systems and spaces to improve safety and efficiency
- Assist with creating and updating standard operating procedure documentation
Who you are
We recognize that experience comes in different forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of skill, dedication, and ability to learn. A stand-out candidate would show broad technical abilities, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Experience working in a lab environment (either in previous jobs or in a class setting)
- Experience in chemical handling and navigating their hazards
- Strong computer skills (web apps, communication platforms, Google Docs)
- Strong desire and curiosity to learn new things
- Interest in space planning, including interfacing with multiple stakeholders during lab set up
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision
- Willing to adopt a customer service mindset
- You are able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.