Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by FlightOS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER - EL SEGUNDO, CA
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join our dynamic aviation team. This role requires the ability to coordinate with other departments and outside suppliers to ensure that functional requirements are met on time, at the expected quality level and at the lowest costs. This includes working from engineering design documents, specifications, prototypes and/or change orders to determine process, supplier, equipment, tooling, materials, and methods of manufacture to produce quality products within cost and specification guidelines.
- Review supplier and internal drawings for manufacturability and ease of installation
- Track and control inventory used during the build process
- Support non-conformance reduction and increase product yield
- Develop and implement effective inventory control strategies to optimize stock levels, minimize waste, and ensure the availability of essential components and materials
- Analyze and cost-justify various suppliers, tools, and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods
- Manage projects and execute to tight timelines while effectively communicating to stakeholders
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years working within a manufacturing environment in the Aerospace industry
- Proficiency in CAD/CAM software, and advanced manufacturing technologies
- Knowledge of materials, outside processes, NDT and specifications as related to precision aerospace components and systems
- Knowledge of design/drafting practices, geometric tolerancing, and proficiency in reading/understanding drawings, schematics, specifications
- Strong understanding of aviation regulations, quality standards, and safety protocols
- Minimum experiences in standard machining operations, including turning, milling, and grinding
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field
- 8+ years working within a manufacturing environment in the Aerospace industry
- Experience with aerospace materials, composites, and specialized coatings used in aviation applications
- Previous experience working with aviation OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) or MROs (Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul) facilities
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Salary: $115,000 - $160,000
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- This role is ITAR and EAR compliant. This position requires a “US person” which is defined as: (1) US citizen; (2) A US lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. § 1101(a)(20); or (3) A certain class of “protected individuals” as defined by 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) (e.g., US nationals, refugees and asylees).
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.