Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator. Our mission is to bring general aviation fatalities to zero. With safety; confidence, accessibility and convenience are possible.
Chief Architect - El Segundo, CA
Why This Role is Mission Critical:
As a Chief Architect, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of aircraft control systems and aviation safety. This role will involve designing, developing, and optimizing the fly-by-wire systems that power our next-generation aircraft. You will work directly with the VP of Engineering and work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure our fly-by-wire systems are at the forefront of innovation and safety. You will create and execute technology modernization initiatives by working closely with business and technology leadership on strategy, execution, and adoption of new target aircraft all while continuing development and maintenance on existing platforms and adhering to architectural standards and practices.
- Perform complex software design activities integrating multiple technologies
- Interact with regulatory authorities to roadmap successful certification plans
- Work with cross functional teams to develop processes supporting development, targeted re-use, design reviews, and root cause and corrective actions
- Develop and maintain the architectural vision for fly-by-wire systems, ensuring they meet performance, safety, and reliability requirements
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand and document system requirements, and translate them into technical specifications
- Maintain state-of-the art knowledge of technologies, planning, design, and analysis methodologies
- Identify potential risks and challenges in the system design, and implement mitigation strategies to ensure safety & reliability
- Be responsible for the design and architecture guidelines for current and future software technological activities
- Oversee the testing and validation of fly-by-wire systems, ensuring they meet regulatory standards and performance benchmarks
- Create comprehensive documentation for architectural designs, system requirements, and technical specifications
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience with applicable aviation certification requirements
- Experience with component level qualification for aerospace applications
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Unlimited PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
- The opportunity to change the world
- Salary Range: $200,000 - $250,000
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.