Who we are
Neros is transforming a defense industry mired in costly, behemoth machinery—to circumvent a looming vulnerability gap, to give dismounted soldiers a fighting chance against tanks, and ultimately, to get as many humans off the battlefield as possible.
While consumer technology is evolving by bounds on the smaller-cheaper-better path, U.S. defense technology wallows in the large, centralized, and wildly expensive paradigm. Our air, land, and sea machinery budget is staggering; yet these large assets can still be vulnerable to very small weapons. When swarm technology comes into its own, the asymmetry will escalate. Nowhere is the pattern more glaring than in small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS)—drones.
What you will be doing
As an early Neros employee, you will get to help decide the direction of our future. We are looking for someone who can drive the development, design, and manufacturing of our PCBs used for our drones. You will be working closely with the rest of the engineering team to understand engineering constraints, design & optimize for requirements, and perform component selection. New grads with internship/hobby/work experience in these areas are highly encouraged to apply!
You should have the following
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Altium or other ECAD software
- Knowledge of PCB design and manufacturing
- DFM experience through work, internships, or hobbies
- SMD soldering and rework experience
- PCB bring up and testing (DMM, Oscilloscope, …)
- A strong sense of urgency to manufacture, build, and develop
- Ability to obtain US top secret security clearance
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.