Head of Government Sales
Who we are
Neros is transforming a defense industry mired in costly, behemoth machinery—to circumvent a looming vulnerability gap, to give dismounted soldiers a fighting chance against tanks, and ultimately, to get as many humans off the battlefield as possible.
While consumer technology is evolving by bounds on the smaller-cheaper-better path, U.S. defense technology wallows in the large, centralized, and wildly expensive paradigm. Our air, land, and sea machinery budget is staggering; yet these large assets can still be vulnerable to very small weapons. When swarm technology comes into its own, the asymmetry will escalate. Nowhere is the pattern more glaring than in small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS)—drones.
What you will be doing
As an early Neros employee, you will get to help decide the direction of our future. We are looking for someone to head up business development at Neros. Your day to day will be different but in essence, you are identifying key opportunities within the government defense sector and winning their business. This include traveling and presenting to potential customers, writing proposals, developing long term relationships, negotiating & closing deals. This role will have direct say in how to grow the business development and sales team at Neros.
You should have the following
- 5+ years of experience identifying relevant government programs and their key decision makers
- Deep understanding of government contracts, proposal writing, negotiation and closing
- Experience interfacing with engineering leaders to incorporate end user feedback and requirements
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present to a variety of audiences
- Ability to learn technical details quickly
- Willingness to travel ~50% of the time
- Military service as an end user of cutting edge hardware
- Experience leading a product to a Program of Record
- Direct experience in growing company revenue year over year