Electrical Assembly Technician
Who we are
Neros is transforming a defense industry mired in costly, behemoth machinery—to circumvent a looming vulnerability gap, to give dismounted soldiers a fighting chance against tanks, and ultimately, to get as many humans off the battlefield as possible.
While consumer technology is evolving by bounds on the smaller-cheaper-better path, U.S. defense technology wallows in the large, centralized, and wildly expensive paradigm. Our air, land, and sea machinery budget is staggering; yet these large assets can still be vulnerable to very small weapons. When swarm technology comes into its own, the asymmetry will escalate. Nowhere is the pattern more glaring than in small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS)—drones.
What you will be doing
As an Electrical Assembly Technician at Neros, you will be instrumental in the assembly of our drones. Your day to day will consist of working closely with leaders to read, interpret, and execute on work orders. You will also be assembling electrical and/or mechanical systems, installing components, sub-assemblies, and wiring using crimpers, soldering, or other hand-tools such as long nose pliers and side cutters.
This is a highly dynamic role where you will get an opportunity to see a factory being built from the ground up and potentially influence the success of our company. If you are an organized, detail & process oriented electrical assembly technician, apply to the role below!
You should have the following
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience with hand or power tools
- Ability to read electrical schematics and diagrams
- Occupational trade school qualification in an electrical based field
- 2+ years of experience with industrial electrical and/or electronic wiring or harnessing
- Hands on experience with electrical assemblies
- Previous use of precision measuring instruments such as voltmeters, calipers, dial indicators, etc.
- Knowledge of basic electrical principles such as voltage and current flow; Mechanical skills such as basic hand tools usage
- Practical knowledge of safe work practices such as safe work practices for specific tools
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions