Senior/Principal RF Engineer
Who We Are
Neros is transforming a defense industry mired in costly, behemoth machinery—to circumvent a looming vulnerability gap, to give dismounted soldiers a fighting chance against tanks, and ultimately, to get as many humans off the battlefield as possible.
While consumer technology is evolving by bounds on the smaller-cheaper-better path, U.S. defense technology wallows in the large, centralized, and wildly expensive paradigm. Our air, land, and sea machinery budget is staggering; yet these large assets can still be vulnerable to very small weapons. When swarm technology comes into its own, the asymmetry will escalate. Nowhere is the pattern more glaring than in small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS)—drones.
What you will be doing
As an early Neros employee, you will get to help decide the direction of our future. We are looking for someone who has expert level knowledge of RF systems to help us develop the next generation of drones.Your work will be instrumental in creating innovative RF system designs with a rich set of engineering challenges–from supporting end to end design for the product from conception, through qualification, certification and production testing.
You should have the following
- MS or PhD degree with relevant experience in electrical engineering/signal processing, physics, applied mathematics, computer science, or related technical discipline with 5+years of industry experience
- A strong background in digital signal processing, or communication theory
- Proven ability to develop, define, design, and implement signal processing solutions in complex systems
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and present complex ideas clearly
- Strong Python programming skills
- Ability to collaborate with other team members across software, hardware, and more
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.