Chemical companies are the hidden innovators behind the end-products we rely on every day. Chemistry is used to make every physical good on earth, including the products we love from Tesla, Glossier, Apple, Nike, 3M and J&J. And yet, the largest and most impactful industry in the world is still doing business the same way it did 100 years ago. Until now.
Knowde is a technology company building software exclusively for the $5 trillion Chemical Industry. We solve the root problem holding the industry back from successful digital transformation: organizing and digitizing product data. By pulling this industry online, we believe the world's innovation of every physical good will instantly accelerate.
We’ve raised over $100M from the world’s leading investors, including Sequoia Capital and Coatue, to realize our vision.
Come Join Us!
Knowde is looking to add a talented Staff Accountant to our Finance Team. At Knowde, Finance is more than just a scorekeeper. We are the champions for smart growth & operational alignment. We deliver financial predictability, accountability and insights to help our organization make better decisions and operate efficiently.
As an early member of our Accounting team, you will work closely with our Controller and be involved in day-to-day decision-making as we establish and build our internal processes for growth. We are looking for ambitious, results-oriented individuals that will succeed in a fast-paced environment with plenty of opportunities for professional growth. If this is you, we would love to chat!
This is a fully remote position.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist the GL team with various month-end close tasks, including the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations for several accounts (cash, fixed assets, etc.)
- Manage the recording and processing of corporate credit card expenses and reimbursements
- Become the expert of our e-commerce product accounting
- Assist with all aspects of accounts receivable including but not limited to invoicing and collections
- Assist with multi-jurisdiction compliance, including various licensing requirements and sales tax
- Assist with various requests as part of the annual financial statement audit
- Manage and assist with various process improvement projects
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, preferred
- 1+ years of accounting experience at a fast-growing company
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently and proactively
- Ability to communicate with external parties and management
Our Perks & Benefits
- Fully remote position
- We offer “Knerds” a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, designed to fit you and your family’s needs
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Knowde upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.