Senior Customer Support Engineer
Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Join the growing Customer Experience (CX) team to lead our product support efforts. You will become the technical subject matter expert advising agents on troubleshooting processes and handling customer interactions for more complex support issues. This role will interface with Humane Software and Hardware Engineering, Design, Quality and Operations teams among others. You will champion support causes and ensure our customer’s voice is heard across the company.
As the team’s first Support Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to create and provide feedback on processes that shape how we do customer support at Humane. You’ll dive into the technical details of a truly unique product while learning troubleshooting tips and tricks from our amazing Engineering team. Your expertise will help us build out internal and external documentation, support agent tooling, training materials, and more.
What You Might Do
- Act as the primary escalation point for complex, urgent technical issues reported by customers
- Triage issues, pull device logs and file bugs to the proper engineering team and facilitate any communication or collaboration to resolve the issue
- Ensure articles for customers, agents and partners are technically accurate and easily digestible
- Certify technical knowledge of trainers as well as participate in training as needed
- Create and foster usage of key processes such as early trend detection
- Provide input on diagnostic tools that help in troubleshooting and resolving issues faster
- Track contact return rates and failure findings to improve diagnostic capabilities in our tools and agents to reduce NTF returns
- Provide insights on customer pain points, issue trends or product improvements for Voice of the Customer (VOC) analysis
- 5+ years previous technical support experience working with customers
- Experience working with hardware/software products
- Computer Science or Engineering coursework with a certificate or degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to distill technical information into understandable information for non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated skills in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and finding solutions to issues reported by customers
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven decisions.
- Passionate customer advocate who listens and empathizes with our customers and agents
- Familiarity with workplace tools like Jira and Figma
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment where you get a say in how things should work (and then do the work to make it happen!)
- Interest in or have played with modern AI tools
- Ability to travel including international
- Experience with mobile device support is a plus
- Worked for a startup or for a company launching a new product preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Administration of support tools
- Experience working with Android OS and Android Development Tools
- Familiarity with programming languages
Salary Range: 140,000- 180,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.