Faeth Therapeutics is a biotech start-up founded in 2019 by an international group of world-leading cancer research scientists. Faeth’s mission is to use a deep mechanistic understanding of cancer metabolism to rethink the treatment of cancer. In doing so we’re working to use food as one component of the cancer treatment protocol. Faeth’s culture emphasizes humility, collaboration, and creativity.
We are looking for a highly self-motivated Computational Biologist to join our team. The Computational Biologist will play a pivotal role in investigating the relationship between cancer metabolism and existing treatment modalities. This position will be responsible for analyzing complex biological data and developing innovative computational models. This is a unique opportunity to join our early team and pioneer the discovery of a new generation of therapeutic interventions for cancer.
- Collaborate closely with wet-lab researchers to advance cancer therapies by investigating the interaction between cancer metabolism and treatment modalities
- Analyze bulk and single-cell RNA sequencing data, as well as metabolic network models and other omics data
- Utilize existing tools and methodologies to design and execute computational experiments under the guidance of senior scientists
- Independently develop, enhance, and implement computational models of cancer metabolism to drive methodological advancements
- Engage in cross-functional collaboration with both computational and experimental researchers
- Assist in the analysis of wet-lab data, extracting deeper insights and integrating multiple data sources
- Degree (PhD preferred) in computational/theoretical biology, bioinformatics, computer science, applied mathematics, chemistry, medicine, or related disciplines
- Experience with creative problem-solving and the ability to analyze data in diverse scientific contexts
- Proficiency in selecting appropriate visualization and statistical methods to address scientific questions
- Solid programming skills in at least one language used for scientific computing or data analysis (e.g., Python, Julia, R), along with the ability to work with existing Python code
- Familiarity with working in a Unix/Linux environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment and adapt to changing priorities
Working at Faeth
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a well-funded, early stage startup
- 100% remote work and flexible schedule
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous parental leave
- Quarterly offsites across the world with the team (when Covid permits :))
- 401K and ROTH Contribution Opportunities
- Mission oriented, remote first culture
Faeth was founded in 2019 by Siddhartha Mukherjee, oncologist and Pulitzer Prize winning author, Karen Vousden, former Chief Scientist of CRUK & Lew Cantley, Director of the Meyer Cancer Center at Weill Cornell among others. Faeth’s investors include Khosla Ventures, Future Ventures, Digitalis and many more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.