Who We Are:
Dusty Robotics develops robot-powered tools for the modern construction workforce.
While today's buildings are built predominantly with manual labor, Dusty envisions a future in which skilled labor makes use of robotic automation to make the work safer, more efficient, and more precise! We want to create a future where construction workers don't need to retire early because their bodies give out. In Dusty's future, the buildings we live and work in are built by teams of creative and problem-solving construction crews who direct robots to do the dull/dirty/dangerous work.
What We're Building:
Dusty bridges the gap between the digital world of building design with the skilled labor operating in the field, accelerating the digital transformation of the construction industry. The centerpiece of our strategy is the FieldPrinter: a mobile printer-on-wheels that prints building floorplans full-size on the concrete floor of a construction site. When errors in layout can cause multi-million-dollar mistakes, our product ensures that all field crews are building off of a single source of truth derived from the digital model.
Dusty’s business is growing quickly. As the first dedicated IT hire into the company, you’ll be responsible for developing and implementing IT systems that scale with our growth and ensure data security across our employees, customers and products. A significant aspect of this role is ensuring our IT practices satisfy data security requirements and SOC 2 / FedRAMP compliance expected by our customers.
This is an in-office position at Dusty’s headquarters in Mountain View. We are an office-centric hardware company enjoying the efficiency and camaraderie of in-person collaborative teamwork.
- Partner with leadership across the organization to develop uniform solutions for emerging IT needs
- Select, implement and maintain IT platforms to support employee operations: IDP, Zoom, Google Workspace, office networks, etc.
- Develop an information security strategy that protects company and customer data and meets enterprise customer security requirements
- Respond to and comply with IT security questionnaires from enterprise customers
- Implement employee help desk services for a mixed Mac/Windows/Linux environment
- Develop an IT budget and manage overall IT costs
- Working experience as an IT Manager in a growing technology startup (50-200 employees)
- Solid understanding of how to implement security compliance for an enterprise SaaS company
- Excellent knowledge of the typical applications used in a startup of our size
- Hands-on experience with office computer networks and devices
- A strategic approach centered around people and their ability to be productive and happy in their work
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills
- BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Why You Should Join:
In joining our team, you’ll become an important part of a small and fast-growing company. We are daring to accomplish something big, do you want to be a critical part of Dusty's success? We are deeply committed to our mission, and we believe in removing roadblocks that distract us from reaching our goals.
To that end, we offer an unlimited vacation policy, a 401k with employer match, reasonable work hours, and flexible schedules. We know that our best work happens when we feel well-rested and capable of focusing all of our energy on making Dusty successful!
Strong, effective teams are composed of people with a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences who bring a variety of perspectives to their work. We actively encourage applications from a diverse pool, including those from historically under-represented groups such as women, people of color, people who identify LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and immigrants.
Our Code of Conduct:
Dusty Robotics exists to serve a wide variety of customers from all walks of life. We believe that our mission is best served in an environment that is friendly, safe, accepting, and free of intimidation or harassment. We do not tolerate abusive behavior.
Where You'll Work:
Dusty’s offices are located in Mountain View, CA. You will be primarily working from our office in this role to facilitate rapid coordination with executive leadership and business teams. You can also expect to travel a small amount to customer locations around the US.