Senior Support Specialist
Who We Are:
Dusty Robotics develops robot-powered tools for the modern construction workforce.
While today's buildings are built predominantly with manual labor, Dusty envisions a future in which skilled labor makes use of robotic automation to make the work safer, more efficient, and more precise! We want to create a future where construction workers don't need to retire early because their bodies give out. In Dusty's future, the buildings we live and work in are built by teams of creative and problem-solving construction crews who direct robots to do the dull/dirty/dangerous work.
What We're Building:
Dusty bridges the gap between the digital world of building design with the skilled labor operating in the field, accelerating the digital transformation of the construction industry. The centerpiece of our strategy is the FieldPrinter: a mobile printer-on-wheels that prints building floorplans full-size on the concrete floor of a construction site. When errors in layout can cause multi-million-dollar mistakes, our product ensures that all field crews are building off of a single source of truth derived from the digital model.
What You’ll Do:
You have the opportunity to become part of a world-class customer success organization being built from the ground up, within a fast-growing construction robotics company delivering a product that revolutionizes the construction process.
In your role as Senior Support Specialist, your mission is to assist in developing and maintaining a support organization for our clients to help ensure that customer issues are resolved promptly and with care. You will be the first point of contact for customers and partners, as well as Dusty’s internal customer success managers. You will develop an expert understanding of the troubleshooting process and resolve any technical questions about the system’s capabilities. As a player-coach you will initially be the sole member of our support team; in that capacity, you will have individual responsibility for handling support tickets and inbound customer calls, as well as assisting Dusty in developing support processes and methods.
- Triage, manage, and resolve incoming support requests from customers
- Assist in development best-in-class service and support processes, systems, and tools
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Track and report support and technical issues
- Ensure that all support requests are handled in a timely and professional manner
- Manage support escalations and ensure that issues are resolved to the client's satisfaction
- Provide light technical support as needed, including troubleshooting and debugging
- Develop and implement knowledge base for our CRM system
- From mechanical design to electronics, firmware, and front-end software -- become an authority expert in each of these parts of the system, and use this expertise to diagnose problems
- ~2 years of experience in customer service or support with external facing clients
- Strong technical skills and knowledge, including experience with Windows and iOS operating systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with CRM and ticketing systems
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Some Linux or Windows command-line experience is a plus
- Preferred: team lead experience
- Local to SF Bay Area
Why You Should Join:
In joining our team, you’ll become an important part of a small and fast-growing company. We are daring to accomplish something big, do you want to be a critical part of Dusty's success? We are deeply committed to our mission, and we believe in removing roadblocks that distract us from reaching our goals.
To that end, we offer an unlimited vacation policy, a 401k with employer match, reasonable work hours, and flexible schedules. We know that our best work happens when we feel well-rested and capable of focusing all of our energy on making Dusty successful!
Strong, effective teams are composed of people with a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences who bring a variety of perspectives to their work. We actively encourage applications from a diverse pool, including those from historically under-represented groups such as women, people of color, people who identify LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and immigrants.
Our Code of Conduct:
Dusty Robotics exists to serve a wide variety of customers from all walks of life. We believe that our mission is best served in an environment that is friendly, safe, accepting, and free of intimidation or harassment. We do not tolerate abusive behavior.
Where You'll Work:
Dusty’s offices are located in Mountain View, CA. You will be primarily working from our office in this role to facilitate rapid coordination with executive leadership and business teams. You can also expect to travel a small amount to customer locations around the US.