Durham, NC, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Curie Co uses the power of biotechnology to replace petrochemicals in everyday products, with more sustainable, engineered enzymes. We’re looking for team members passionate about achieving this mission and contributing to the biomanufacturing revolution. Individuals with exceptional multitasking skills, attention to detail, and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Excellent relational, communication, and presentation skills are highly regarded to help continue to foster a collaborative and learning environment.
Curie Co is looking for a laboratory technician. The successful candidate will work as a part of the R&D organization working with biologists, engineers, and chemists to support development of improved biocatalysts. Strong organizational and communication skills, as well as the ability to work well on an agile and fast-moving team, are essential.
- Provide general laboratory support and follow standard operating procedures.
- Identify and communicate procedural deviations quickly and effectively.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of laboratory facilities.
- Keeps laboratory supplies ready by inventorying stock, working with Lab Coordinator to place orders and verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by scheduling preventative maintenance, helping troubleshoot breakdowns, maintaining supplies, and calling for repairs.
- Documents information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Prepare buffers and media.
- Maintains glassware by picking-up, cleaning, washing, sterilizing, and distributing.
- Autoclave media and lab waste
- High school diploma or Associates degree. Placement commensurate with education level and skill set.