Boulder, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
At Atom Computing, we’re building quantum computers with atomic arrays of optically-trapped neutral atoms, empowering researchers and companies to achieve unprecedented breakthroughs. Join an incredible team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals to advance the state of the art in quantum technologies that will transform computing performance.
We are looking for Quantum Engineers to work on all aspects of neutral atom quantum computing. As a Quantum Engineer at Atom Computing, you will join a team of talented scientists and engineers who are working to translate fundamental atomic physics to a scalable, fault-tolerant quantum computer. We welcome applicants from a diverse set of backgrounds, but are specifically interested in candidates with experience in the following fields: Trapping and manipulation of cold atoms; Coherent control of quantum systems (for example: neutral atoms, trapped ions, NV- centers, nuclear magnetic resonance, superconducting qubits); Quantum characterization, verification, and validation (QCVV) techniques.
- Design and construct the scientific hardware and control interfaces (both hardware and software) that are the essential backbone of the quantum computing platform.
- Requires extensive knowledge of the state-of-the-art techniques used in atomic physics and quantum computing research, and a deep understanding of the fundamental interactions between light and matter.
- Quantum Engineers are required to be in one of our main office locations on a full-time basis to complete the duties of the position. Hybrid work must have manager approval and should not be considered permanent.
- Capable of lifting and moving objects that weigh up to 25 pounds.
Experience & Education
- PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, or a related field.
- Temperamentally suited to work at a fast-growing, early stage startup: self-motivated, humble, driven, collaborative, and has a high tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse team of experimental physicists, hardware, and software engineers.
- Definite pluses: Familiarity with Python and Git software version control
Atom Computing provides a wide variety of perks and benefits, including fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for our employees and their dependents. Additionally, we offer unlimited paid time off, 401K company matching, short- and long-term disability, FSA, dependent care benefits, and life insurance. We also offer drinks, snacks, and catered team lunches in our offices, every day!
The salary range for this position is between $120,000 - $155,000, commensurate with experience. In addition to salary, we offer an annual bonus and incentive stock options for equity in the company.
Atom Computing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Workplace Diversity.