Supplier Quality Associate (Summer 2024)
Astranis is on a mission to bridge the digital divide by connecting the four billion people worldwide who currently lack internet access. We're doing this by building the next generation of smaller, more cost-effective spacecraft to bring the world online.
As a team, we’ve launched two satellites into orbit, signed ten commercial deals worth over $1 billion in revenue, raised over $500 million from top global investors, and recruited a team of over 300 world-class engineers. We all work out of our (legendary) San Francisco office, which was once used to build ships during the World Wars.
Our satellites, which operate from geostationary orbit (GEO), weigh only 400 kg and utilize a proprietary software-defined radio payload. Each satellite can connect over two million people, and we’re very excited for the impact we’ll soon have in the Philippines, Peru, Mexico, and more!
Backed by substantial funding and a passionate, collaborative team, we offer a rewarding work environment where you'll learn and make a significant impact, no matter where you are in your career.
Apply and join us on our journey towards global connectivity!
Supplier Quality Intern
Internships at Astranis typically last for twelve weeks, and are hourly roles designed for students who are currently enrolled at a four-year university.
The Supplier Quality Engineering Intern will work on solving quality issues with suppliers, implement new processes and support the daily operations of the team.
If you have already graduated from a four-year university, please apply to be an Associate Engineer.
- Root cause quality issues and implement corrective actions together with suppliers and Design Engineers.
- Develop metrics for the SQE organization
- Monitor supplier performance and establish reporting mechanisms to track and communicate supplier performance metrics
- Develop inspection procedures
- Support process development
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or a similar discipline
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- US Citizenship or Green Card (Note: This is due to U.S. export regulations, and we are unable to make exceptions.)
- Experience with hardware manufacturing
- Experience with quality management systems
- Ability to read technical drawings and data sheets