Inventory Management Associate (Spring 2024)
Astranis is on a mission to bridge the digital divide by connecting the four billion people worldwide who currently lack internet access. We're doing this by building the next generation of smaller, more cost-effective spacecraft to bring the world online.
As a team, we’ve launched two satellites into orbit, signed ten commercial deals worth over $1 billion in revenue, raised over $500 million from top global investors, and recruited a team of over 300 world-class engineers. We all work out of our (legendary) San Francisco office, which was once used to build ships during the World Wars.
Our satellites, which operate from geostationary orbit (GEO), weigh only 400 kg and utilize a proprietary software-defined radio payload. Each satellite can connect over two million people, and we’re very excited for the impact we’ll soon have in the Philippines, Peru, Mexico, and more!
Backed by substantial funding and a passionate, collaborative team, we offer a rewarding work environment where you'll learn and make a significant impact, no matter where you are in your career.
Apply and join us on our journey towards global connectivity!
Inventory Operations Intern
Internships at Astranis typically last for twelve weeks, and are hourly roles designed for students who are currently enrolled at a four-year university.
As an Inventory Management Intern at Astranis, you will play a critical role in our supply chain operations. This position is ideal for individuals who are detail-oriented, have a passion for efficiency, and are eager to learn and grow in a collaborative environment.
If you have already graduated from a four-year university, please apply to be an Associate.
- Inventory Tracking and Analysis: Regularly monitor and update inventory records using ION, NetSuite, and Arena systems. Ensure accuracy and timeliness of data.
- Process Optimization: Identify and suggest improvements in inventory management processes to increase efficiency.
- Reporting and Documentation: Prepare and present inventory reports. Document inventory processes and guidelines.
- Collaboration: Work closely with the supply chain, procurement, and finance teams to meet inventory with business needs.
- Problem-Solving: Address and resolve inventory discrepancies. Investigate root causes and implement corrective actions.
- Inventory Audits: Assist in conducting periodic physical inventory counts and reconciliations.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience or willingness to learn ION, NetSuite, and Arena for inventory management. - Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities. - Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or Gsuite, particularly Excel.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.