Senior FP&A Manager
Astranis is on a mission to bridge the digital divide by connecting the four billion people worldwide who currently lack internet access. We're doing this by building the next generation of smaller, more cost-effective spacecraft to bring the world online.
As a team, we’ve launched two satellites into orbit, signed ten commercial deals worth over $1 billion in revenue, raised over $500 million from top global investors, and recruited a team of over 300 world-class engineers. We all work out of our (legendary) San Francisco office, which was once used to build ships during the World Wars.
Our satellites, which operate from geostationary orbit (GEO), weigh only 400 kg and utilize a proprietary software-defined radio payload. Each satellite can connect over two million people, and we’re very excited for the impact we’ll soon have in the Philippines, Peru, Mexico, and more!
Backed by substantial funding and a passionate, collaborative team, we offer a rewarding work environment where you'll learn and make a significant impact, no matter where you are in your career.
Apply and join us on our journey towards global connectivity!
We are looking for a smart, hungry FP&A Manager to become a key member of our lean finance team. You are experienced with financial budgeting and forecasting, and know how to collaborate with teams across the company (including sales, engineering and supply chain) to build a detailed understanding of cash management, sales planning, operating costs, capital spending, and balance sheet. You have ideas on how to improve processes and procedures to support a business scaling to multiples of its current size – and have the leadership ability to drive those initiatives.
You would enjoy being a key member of a small team that regularly goes above and beyond FP&A to manage Astranis’s capital raising activities, customer pricing, investor relations, and corporate development, among other activities.
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis
- Collaborate with teams across the company to build a detailed understanding of cash management, sales planning, operating costs, capital spending, and balance sheet.
- Support rapid scaling and growth by implementing best-in-class processes, procedures and systems.
- Support other financial and accounting functions as required including capital raising activities, customer pricing, investor relations, and corporate development, among other activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or a related field
- Must have experience working in a capital intensive industry, such as industrial manufacturing or semiconductor fabrication
- 5+ years of financial analysis experience
- 3+ years of FP&A experience
- Strong analytical skills, ability to interpret complex data and financial concepts
- Must be an effective communicator of financial concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly proficient user of Adaptive Insights and Netsuite, or similar financial planning and ERP software platforms.
- Highly adaptable and excels in improvising given an unstructured and rapidly changing environment.
- Proactively identify areas to instill discipline and process where appropriate.
- Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Seeking a challenge and career development
- Above all, you are a good person!
- Experience working in the spacecraft manufacturing industry or similar
- Experience working in a rapidly scaling startup environment