Propulsion Integration Engineer
Astranis is on a mission to bridge the digital divide by connecting the four billion people worldwide who currently lack internet access. We're doing this by building the next generation of smaller, more cost-effective spacecraft to bring the world online.
As a team, we’ve launched two satellites into orbit, signed ten commercial deals worth over $1 billion in revenue, raised over $500 million from top global investors, and recruited a team of over 300 world-class engineers. We all work out of our (legendary) San Francisco office, which was once used to build ships during the World Wars.
Our satellites, which operate from geostationary orbit (GEO), weigh only 400 kg and utilize a proprietary software-defined radio payload. Each satellite can connect over two million people, and we’re very excited for the impact we’ll soon have in the Philippines, Peru, Mexico, and more!
Backed by substantial funding and a passionate, collaborative team, we offer a rewarding work environment where you'll learn and make a significant impact, no matter where you are in your career.
Apply and join us on our journey towards global connectivity!
Propulsion Manufacturing Engineer
Propulsion/Production is looking for an innovative, detail-oriented, propulsion manufacturing engineer with a passion for precision manufacturing. As a propulsion manufacturing engineer you will define the processes used to fabricate our propulsion systems keeping in mind important factors like efficiency, repeatability, and quality control. You will contribute to the fabrication of multiple geostationary satellites. You will also be responsible for interfacing with the Assembly Integration & Test team.
- Design of jigs and fixtures used to fabricate a satellite propulsion system
- Document work instructions for technicians
- Develop and refine manufacturing processes
- Work in a clean room with flight hardware
- Design/procure and operate high pressure gas systems
- Manage inventory
- Assure process repeatability
- Maintain cleanliness throughout the manufacturing process
- Work closely with the Assembly Integration & Test team and Mechanical team
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical discipline (e.g. engineering, physics) or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of industry experience in a design and manufacture related role
- Hands-on experience working with liquid and gas systems
- An interest in test and manufacture hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and doing hands-on design/development
- Demonstrated ability to personally design, build, and test hardware
- Experience working in a cleanroom
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- Familiarity with welding and weld inspection certifications
- Experience with precision cleaning and x-ray inspection
- Experience with in-space propulsion system design and manufacture
- Experience with automotive or medical hardware design and manufacture
- Familiarity with AWS D17.1, ASME Y14.5, and AFSPCMAN 91-710
- Familiarity with propellant material compatibility
What we offer: