Electrical Engineer - Assembly, Integration, and Test Engineer (AI&T)
Software Engineering, Other Engineering, Data Science, Quality Assurance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $400 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
- Responsible for the development, execution, and documentation of the system verification on flight and flight-representative hardware at the system-level.
- Develop electrical test plans and procedures based on concepts and designs to verify as-built flight hardware and spacecraft
- Design and build electrical ground support equipment (EGSE) for testing.
- Write automation software in Python to interact with units under test, test equipment, and instrumentation.
- Develop modular and reusable automated test architectures.
- Evaluate non-conformances to determine root cause, create actionable items, and system improvements.
- Interface with engineers from many disciplines to optimize proposed designs for integration, testing, and manufacturability.
- Specify and drive creation of representative hardware-in-the-loop test systems or system simulators to support software development and system verification and validation.
- Create, maintain and communicate detailed schedules, ensuring the team is aware of tasks and deadlines, including resource identification and acquisition.
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- 2+ years of professional experience in system-level design and testing of electrical hardware systems.
- Strong electrical systems engineering intuition and critical thinking.
- Comfort with ambiguity and turning high-level requirements into clear design/test objectives.
- Hands-on experience using electrical test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.).
- Ability to accurately estimate complexity and duration of testing.
- Experience developing test plans and test procedures from requirements.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Strong communication skills.
- Understanding and experience in environmental testing such as vibration, shock, thermal, burn-in, and TVAC.
- Strong sense of accountability, integrity, and team focus with extensive multitasking and organizational experience.
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Master's or PhD in an engineering discipline.
- A successful candidate will have previous experience delivering a hardware system or sub-system through the engineering lifecycle.
- Experience automating tests, test equipment, and measurement techniques.
- Experience with designing and building electrical harnesses and connectors.
- Creative, passionate problem solver that thrives in fast-paced, autonomously-driven, and demanding design and integration campaigns.
All our positions offer a compensation package that includes equity, robust benefits, and bonuses.
What we offer:
What we offer:
Base pay is a single component of Astranis's total rewards package, which may also include equity in the form of incentive stock options, performance bonuses, high quality company-subsidized healthcare, disability and life insurance benefits, flexible PTO, 401(K) retirement, and free on-site catered meals.
Astranis pay ranges are informed and defined through professional-grade salary surveys and compensation data sources. The actual base salary offered to a successful candidate will additionally be influenced by a variety of factors including experience, credentials & certifications, educational attainment, skill level requirements, and the level and scope of the position.
U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.