Astranis is on a mission to bridge the digital divide by connecting the four billion people worldwide who currently lack internet access. We're doing this by building the next generation of smaller, more cost-effective spacecraft to bring the world online.
As a team, we’ve launched two satellites into orbit, signed ten commercial deals worth over $1 billion in revenue, raised over $500 million from top global investors, and recruited a team of over 300 world-class engineers. We all work out of our (legendary) San Francisco office, which was once used to build ships during the World Wars.
Our satellites, which operate from geostationary orbit (GEO), weigh only 400 kg and utilize a proprietary software-defined radio payload. Each satellite can connect over two million people, and we’re very excited for the impact we’ll soon have in the Philippines, Peru, Mexico, and more!
Backed by substantial funding and a passionate, collaborative team, we offer a rewarding work environment where you'll learn and make a significant impact, no matter where you are in your career.
Apply and join us on our journey towards global connectivity!
The Propulsion team is looking for an innovative, detail-oriented, propulsion engineer with a passion for system design & analysis. As our Propulsion Engineer, you will play a vital role in 'concept to production' development of our next-generation propulsion systems.
- Design and analyze propulsion systems and propulsion system components with a focus on performance and manufacturability
- Work on cross discipline projects to improve propulsion systems and system interfaces
- Support propulsion system production in a cleanroom environment
- Support spacecraft production and test processes through launch including troubleshooting issues with spacecraft propulsion system
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a technical discipline (e.g. engineering, physics) or equivalent experience
- 1-5+ years of professional industry experience in propulsion design and/or manufacturing related role
- Hands-on experience working with fluid systems
- Working knowledge of electric and chemical propulsion systems
- Exceptional time management skills, verbal & written communication skills, and organizational skills
- An interest in working in a fast-paced environment and doing hands-on design/development
- Previous working experience with spacecraft or rocket propulsion systems
- Experience with welding and weld inspection experience or certifications, precision cleaning and x-ray inspection
- Experience writing Python for scientific calculation and data processing
What we offer: