Principal Engineer - Applications
Come work alongside some of the most talented minds in agriculture technology. We are a team of innovators who are accelerating the sustainability and digitization of our planet’s food system. At Arable, you will have the unique opportunity to build something meaningful with an amazing group of people who care about each other and their work.
What we do:
At Arable, our goal is to connect all the world’s farms and provide the highest quality data to power the predictive analytics that will help optimise the global food system. This is an ambitious goal, but the need has never been greater to rethink how we will feed an ever growing population and reduce our impact on natural resources. We believe the heart of the solution is digitizing the analog world with high-fidelity data to help food producers optimize their operations. If successful, we hope the impact of our work will improve the lives of farmers everywhere and be a major contribution to securing the global food supply for decades to come.
A few examples of the work we’re doing today:
• Helping farmers in APAC, LATAM, USA through improved insights into crop development
• Giving produce growers in California the tools to optimize production with less waste • Helping irrigated farmers in Nebraska manage water more efficiently and sustainably to protect our water supply
What you will do:
We are looking for someone who has 15+ years of experience with strong Frontend and Backend Technologies as an application architect.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or electronics engineering (Master's degree preferred)
- 5+ years of experience as an Application Architect
- Experience designing and developing Cloud Native Mobile/Web-based software solutions, with a focus on frontend development using Microservices & Micro Frontend frameworks
- Strong understanding of software architecture principles, design patterns, and best practices
- Experience with developing SAAS and Marketplace applications
- Experience with rapid prototyping using low-code/no-code or visual programming languages
- Strong system design and object-oriented skills with the ability to create clean interfaces and operate at the right levels of abstraction
- Excellent mentoring skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure to unit testing frameworks
- Proficiency in backend technologies and languages (e.g., Node.js, Python, Java, or others) and familiarity with databases
- Experience in API design and development, including RESTful and/or GraphQL APIs, and experience working with third-party APIs and services
- Exposure to Multi-platform application development using Flutter, Kotlin Multiplatform, Compose Multiplatform etc.
What we offer:
At Arable, you will be joining a company of dedicated team players who bring together diverse expertise and a passion for building a more sustainable future. You’ll find no shortage of lively conversation around the lunch table about the food we eat and how it is produced. We are a fast-moving startup committed to providing a rewarding employee experience through the work we do, the team, compensation, and benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Ability to work closely with customers who are hungry for our product, where you can make a positive impact on their livelihood and the world
- A focus on community involvement and career development
- We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
- We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.