Houston, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
Use your mechanical talents to help test a spaceplane
Build custom test stands and other fabrications
Be at the center of making history
We are a hypersonic transportation startup focused on doing what people once thought was impossible: traveling to the other side of the world in an hour. We are a tech haven for people with vision who want more than “just a job.” And if you have a talent for mechanics, we have a place for you to build our test stands and maintain our testing facilities for the engines and systems that will propel our spaceplane.
The Role: Test Operator
The Test Department handles a wide variety of tests for Venus, covering such things as: rocket engine hot fires, vehicle structural testing, vibration testing, component testing, and more! As a Test Operator your role will support the Test Department in all test operations. This will cover a broad variety of tasks like procedure creation, procedure updates/modifications, data reviews, anomaly investigation, fabrication and troubleshooting of systems, and test readiness reviews. Additionally, you will be the primary interface with the customer of the test article in test, ensuring the test meets their needs.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Learn from the Best
Work with our visionary aerospace scientists, innovators, and out-of-the-box thinkers. These are extremely experienced veterans in the fields of new space, research & development, and military aeronautical science.
Work on the Cutting Edge of New Technologies
You’ll be part of something new, so it’s open to those with experience in a variety of industries.
Learn new skills and best practices from the best in the industry — all while helping to change
the way the world will travel.
Be Part of History
Work where you can contribute to a dramatically different future. At Venus Aerospace, you can
put your talents to work assembling test stands for a new generation of engines, as well as new
types of fuel and oxidizer systems. You’ll get elbow-deep into fabrication and instrumentation,
shop buildout, and test area maintenance.
What You Have:
- Minimum of 2+ years in hardware testing environment
- Ability to work outside as needed to support tests
- An understanding of basic components that are used to control and operate a test stand, including but not limited to: valves, pneumatic actuators, pneumatic solenoids, limit switches, relief valves, pressure transducer, thermocouple, pressure vessel, GUI or HMI, and data acquisition system
- Experience with electrical and mechanical fabrication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and as a self-motivated individual
- Ability to meet ITAR requirements
- Must be able to lift 25lbs
- Ability to communicate clearly and proficiently over communication devices while performing actions on console (computer workstation)
- Ability to sit at a desk and working on a computer for prolonged periods
What Will Set You Apart:
- Experience with mechanical and fluid system design
- Experience with pressurized gases and liquids up to 6000psia
- Experience with NI hardware (PXIe, cRIO, cDAQ)
- Experience designing and commissioning new test facilities
- Familiarity with agile workflows
Venus Aerospace employee benefits include a 401(k) plan, stock options, and medical benefits, including dental and vision. We have a flex Friday flexible schedule, vacation/sick time, and receive professional development opportunities.
On-site in Houston, TX.
About Venus Aerospace
By enabling one hour global travel, Venus Aerospace is transforming the world and our access to it. We’re building a spaceplane that with a low carbon footprint that will enable one-hour global travel. We are a diverse, veteran team with extreme experience in successful new space, commercial, R&D, and government/military programs.
We are looking for incredible, motivated, enthusiastic people that want to build a world-changing culture and organization. You will be helping Venus grow and develop, so flexibility and a sense of adventure is quintessential. We are looking for all-around AWESOME people to help us grow.
We’ve done the professional grind, and we’ve got a better approach. We take “Home for Dinner” seriously – we want you to work for us and be “home for dinner”. Family is important and we don’t want you to miss out on what matters most. If that appeals to you, we’d love to connect!
This position involves access to technology that is subject to U.S. export controls. Any job offer made will be contingent upon the applicant’s capacity to serve in compliance with U.S. export controls. To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be able to meet ITAR requirements (U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State). You can learn more about ITAR here.
Venus Aerospace Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Venus Aerospace is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.