Software Engineer (Digital Twin)
Radiant Industries is an El Segundo, CA-based startup developing Kaleidos, a portable, containerized nuclear microreactor. Portable nuclear power with rapid deploy capability can replace diesel generators used today to provide critical asset support for hospitals, datacenters, and military bases or to power microgrids at remote sites. Radiant’s unique, practical approach to nuclear development utilizes modern software engineering to rapidly achieve safe, factory-constructable microreactors leveraging existing, well-qualified materials. Radiant is on a fast track to demonstrate the first fueled operation of a new commercial nuclear reactor design, just three years from now.
Software Engineer (Digital Twin)
The Digital Twin software team is seeking a driven software engineer. The Digital Twin is an innovative real-time simulation system for Kaleidos, spanning from core physics simulation to connecting real hardware and validating performance. This is a critical system utilized by every engineering team in the organization to enable rapid iteration and model safety critical scenarios. We’re looking for a software engineer comfortable developing mission critical software. The ideal candidate will either have experience or be very comfortable understanding thermo-physics concepts while applying best practices for quality software development. You’ll have the opportunity to architect new features, have autonomy in problem solving, work with interdisciplinary teams, and drive Radiant through necessary milestones towards commercializing of the first portable nuclear microreactor.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Architect and develop Digital Twin software features and blocks.
- Build and optimize performance and process for testing models in accordance to NQA-1 regulations.
- Build new models in conjunction with the Thermo-Mechanical and Nuclear teams to support hardware testing.
- Collect requirements, provide expertise and feedback to engineers, and present design reviews to cross-functional teams.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, physics, or similar field from an accredited institution.
- At least 1 year of software development experience in C# or C++.
- Demonstrated understanding of thermal physics first principles.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Double major in computer science and engineering discipline, or graduate degree in chemical, mechanical, or nuclear engineering, physics, or similar field.
- Experience communicating and distilling information with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in software project management.
- Experience and/or exposure to software systems design or architecture.
- Driven, self-motivated, and takes ownership of work end to end.
Employee Benefits for Eligible Employees:
- Stock: Substantial incentive stock plan for all full time, salaried employees.
- Medical: 100% up to base silver level plan for employee + 50% dependents, offers up to Platinum plans.
- One Medical: Sponsored memberships for employees and their dependents.
- Vision: 100% top tier plan coverage + 50% for dependents.
- Dental: 100% top tier plan coverage, orthodontia extra, 50% for dependents.
- Voluntary Life, Accident, Hospital, Critical Illness, Commuter and FSA are offered as employee contributed benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks onsite.
- Vacation/Sick time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.This position involves access to technology that is subject to U.S. export controls. Any job offer made will be contingent upon the applicant’s capacity to serve in compliance with U.S. export controls.