Senior Software Engineer, Device Experiences - Capture
Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Humane’s Device Experience - Capture team is responsible for developing new experiences with a focus and emphasis on our camera technologies. We are enabling first-of-their-kind experiences for our re-imagining of what a computing platform can be. While the immediate focus for the team is a device experience one, we operate in a larger vertical team. We work extremely cross-functionally with our Design, System Software, CVML, Cloud Services, and Web teams. We’re creating intuitive, reliable, and highly performant interactions that are truly transformative. If that interests you, we'd love to hear from you!
What You Might Do
- Build a new class of experience on top of the Android platform
- Work with our Cloud Services team to enable innovative, complex, and low-latency device <> service interactions
- Partner with our CV/ML and System Software teams to optimize and integrate with different camera technologies to be used at the user experience level
- Collaborate closely with our design team to prototype and bring interactions to life
- 6+ years professional software development experience
- Experience building and shipping consumer-facing products from conception to mass production.
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills
- Drive tasks independently, solve challenging problems, and communicate issues and needs clearly
- Passionate about creating new interactions for our customers through a first-of-its kind user experience
- Strong communication skills and comfort working collaboratively
- Ability to mentor junior engineers
- Comfortable working in ambiguity
- Experience with developing software for mobile devices
- Excellent application architecture or framework design skills
- Experience developing software for Android
- Attention to detail and knowledge of engineering best practices
- Experience interfacing with network-dependent services
- Experience working with system software teams to integrate sensor technology at the application level
- Java, C++, or C programming experience
Salary range: $185,000 - $235,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.
Something looks off?