Senior Product Design Engineer
Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Humane’s Product Design Engineering team is responsible for ideating, designing, engineering, and creating new classes of devices that will fundamentally change the way we interact with computers. The PD team is integral in defining products. We work closely with industrial designers, hardware engineers, software engineers, and interaction designers to bring our ideas to life. We value creativity and breaking down barriers. We iterate, iterate and iterate again until it’s right. We seek passionate individuals who aren’t afraid to step outside their comfort zone. As a Senior Product Design Engineer, you will report directly to the Head of Design Engineering and have the opportunity to work directly with the rest of the world-class design engineering team and the founders on designing and executing the Humane product vision.
What You Might Do
- Design and develop cutting-edge consumer devices
- Drive product development with our world-class manufacturing partners, Some travel to Asia may be required
- Build a lot of prototypes, break them, and iterate quickly
- Help define and drive product roadmap and timelines
- 8+ years mechanical design experience
- Experience using 3D CAD (NX preferred) to design densely packaged consumer electronic devices: PCBs, flexes, antennas, and batteries, etc.
- Knowledgeable about a wide variety of materials, and scalable manufacturing processes
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, MS a plus
- Experience building consumer products
- Ability to drive tasks independently and escalate and communicate issues and needs clearly
- Passionate about working on highly creative, fast-paced, and collaborative teams alongside Industrial designers, Hardware Engineers, and UX Designers
- You are comfortable designing slides and making presentations to the leadership team
- Familiarity with multiple product and project development disciplines and dependencies and how they interact
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment where honesty and accountability are paramount
Salary Range: $155,000 - $220,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.
Something looks off?