Senior Web Engineer
Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
As a Senior Web Engineer at Humane you will partner with teams across the software organization to build a unified experience spanning browser and device. You will also work closely with our design team to execute, craft and create a world class brand and experience for our users.
What You Might Do
- Build a set of world class web experiences with exceptional attention to detail and a keen eye on performance
- Build supporting tooling and infrastructure, including some backend services required to deliver content to the web
- Play a crucial role in the direction of our product and drive the dialog around how we shift the way humans and computers interact
- Collaborate with mobile developers to build experiences that complement activities taking place on our device
- Collaborate with our AI experts to build solutions to inform our AI processes using inputs from the web
- Solid understanding of CSS and how to lay out pages effectively
- Ability to manage complexity in a growing application landscape
- Experience owning features, including seeking out design support proactively rather than being handed a beautiful, shovel-ready design to build
- Ability to deliver work end-to-end
- Experience collaborating empathetically and cross functionally
Salary range: $185,000 - $235,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.