Lead Machine Learning Scientist
Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
We are seeking a Lead Machine Learning Scientist who possesses in-depth knowledge of machine learning and statistical signal processing along with strong programming and prototyping skills to join the Technology Development Team. This team sits at the intersection of hardware, data and user interface and evaluates early stage technologies to translate them into experiences that improve our users' lives. We focus on a balance of research and development to deliver pioneering experiences that are integral parts of our products. As the Lead Machine Learning Scientist, you will spearhead the development of underlying algorithms that power a diverse range of health sensing applications.
What You Will Do
- Design and implement algorithms for our health sensing applications using deep learning and machine learning.
- Lead the algorithmic aspect of the product from prototyping to production phases, ensuring robustness and scalability.
- Analyze complex datasets to extract actionable insights and inform algorithm development.
- Identify emerging technologies that will unlock new user experiences and features.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of algorithms into our product offerings.
- Contribute and refine the product roadmap with cross functional partners.
- PhD in CS, ECE, BME, or related fields with 3+ years of industry experience, or a Master’s degree with 7+ years of industry experience.
- Expertise in algorithm design for classification, filtering, signal processing, or control.
- Solid understanding and practical experience with machine learning methodologies.
- Hands-on experience in taking machine learning-driven products from concept to market.
- Proficient in one prototyping language, e.g. Python.
- Experience in health technology, biometrics, or a related field.
- A proven track record of delivering successful products with complex algorithmic components.
- Experience working with embedded or resource-constrained systems, particularly with programming in C or C++.
- Proficiency in analyzing and presenting complex data to a range of stakeholders.
Salary Range: $200,000 - $250,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.