Software Engineering Intern, Cloud Services
Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Humane’s Experience Services team builds many backend services that power experiences across the device and web. In this role, you will collaborate with us to build reliable, scalable APIs and workflows that ultimately enable us to delight our customers. You will leverage existing technologies, or explore introducing new ones, and creatively tackle ambiguous problems.
What You Might Do
- Design, implement, test and help operate new components of our service platform
- Drive new features from prototype to completion by collaborating closely with designers and engineers
- Design APIs for both device and web experiences
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters in Computer Science
- Experience with backend development from at least 1 prior internship
- Strong communication skills
- A keen eye for detail and a commitment to maintaining high-quality standards.
- Experience writing and testing Java code
- Experience collaborating empathetically and cross functionally
- Familiarity with public cloud offerings, specifically Azure is a plus
Pay Range: $45-$48/hour
About the 'The Crew' Internship Program
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- 'The Crew' Internship Program is currently only offered during the summer.
- Minimum of 12 weeks required. Program Dates are:
- May 6th - July 26th
- May 20th - August 9th
- June 3rd - August 23rd
- June 17th - Sept 6th
- Eligibility: students graduating before September 2024 are not eligible for 'The Crew' Internship Program.
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.