Software Engineering Intern, Device Automation
Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
As an intern on the Test Automation Software team, you will work with the hardware and software teams to build scalable automated testing to support Humane’s mission to reimagine computing. You will write and automate test plans, build physical and virtual test fixtures, and improve the software test infrastructure by writing tools and bringing infrastructure improvements to existing workflows.
2023 Internship Program Dates: May/June-August/September 2023. Final dates based on student schedule.
What You Might Do
- Create automation frameworks for probing high level android application code
- Write new python frameworks to enable automation of system software code
- Contribute to existing java/python libraries to create new testing infrastructure
- Set up dashboards for reporting automated test results
- Create automated test fixtures for testing hardware devices
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science and/or related engineering fields
- Programming experience in Python, C/C++, and/or Java
- Experience with Git or other SCM tools
- Familiarity with Linux, or another Unix like operating system
- Knowledge of one or more continuous integration pipeline software products such as Jenkins, Github Actions, CircleCI, etc
- Knowledge of Android test frameworks such as the Android ACTS tooling
- Knowledge of electronics and embedded systems
- Ability to read schematics
Pay Range: $45-$48/hour
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.