Global Supply Chain Management Intern
Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Humane’s Global Supply Chain Management Team oversees end-to-end sourcing strategies across all commodities. We collaborate closely with suppliers and CM/JDM partners to implement stable supply chain processes. The role will support all sectors of Humane’s supply chain operations; Electrical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical and Mechanical. You will have the opportunity to work closely with cross-functional teams and gain hands-on experience in various aspects of product development and global supply chain.
2024 Internship Program Dates: May/June-August/September 2024. Final dates based on student schedule.
Application Deadline: Friday, October 13, 2023
What You Might Do
- Lead an assessment on a new technology and assist in the RFQ/RFP process.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement strategies to enhance efficiency and reduce costs.
- Collaborate closely with teams across the organization, including operations, engineering, product design and program management to align supply chain strategies and business objectives.
- Develop relationships with suppliers and CM/JDM partners.
- Support material procurement and inventory management activities.
- Shadow supplier contract negotiations and support agreement execution strategies.
- Collect, analyze supply chain performance data, and drive improvement or corrective actions to improve supply chain management.
- Analyze spend data by supplier to identify cost improvement opportunities and drive GSMs to actualize the reductions.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be driven, organized, and detail oriented.
- Hands-on experience in supply chain management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other data analysis tools.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Eagerness to learn and adapt in a fast-paced, global environment.
- Ability to speak Mandarin is a plus.
Salary range: $45 - $48/per hour
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.