Software Engineering Intern, Product Security
Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Join the Humane Security Team to create something the world has never seen before. We are attempting something impactful, innovating at the deepest levels of hardware and going big with a service that will compel users to experience computing in a new way. Privacy and security are table stakes for our product and absolutely integral to our success.
We are looking for a software engineering intern, ready to take on securing users’ devices, users’ data and Humane’s infrastructure. We see security as a means to do what other companies cannot! If you enjoy balancing user experience with security, then this is the place for you.
2024 Internship Program Dates: May/June-August/September 2024. Final dates based on student schedule.
Application Deadline: Friday, Sept 22, 2023
What You Might Do
- Implement security features and write code (We use a lot of C, C++, Java and Python.)
- Analyze the security and privacy features of the Humane product and experiences
- Work on any number of security & privacy features such as Multi-Factor (MFA), privacy consent, encryption, authentication, Hardware Security Modules (HSMs), etc.
- Pursuing a degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Computer Science or related technical field
- Great software engineering skills
- Ability to collaborate
- An interest in privacy & security
- An interest in product design & development
- Experience with C, C++, Java or Python
- An understanding of some security concepts (cryptography, access control, authorization, network security, software security)
Salary range: $45 - $48/per hour
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.