Senior Software Engineer, Test Tooling & Automation
Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
As the Senior Software Engineer, Test Tooling & Automation for the Device Automation, Build and Quality team, you will work with design, development, and other test-oriented teams to build and execute test tools, infrastructure, and automated tests to ensure the quality of the user-facing functionality of our device and web applications, and the services which help power them.
What You Might Do
- Build and lead automated testing systems and approaches for user experience and services
- Build tools and infrastructure to enable automated correctness and performance testing of user experience functionality and back-end service APIs
- Write automated tests to help ensure quality of the above and to set an example for writing automated tests that other engineers will use as templates for their tests
- Work cross-functionally with the System Software Automation and Test team to ensure approaches are aligned and connected
- Have basic understanding of the code that powers user experience and services to most effectively comprehend logs of systems under test
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience with automated testing of service APIs
- Experience building tools for automating tests and writing tests
- Demonstrated success as a self-directed technical lead
- Attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and navigate in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Python and Java
- Experience with automated testing of native Android or iOS apps
- Experience with automated testing of Web apps
- Experience designing/building build/release/test systems
- Experience managing cross-functional relationships
- Experience building backend services
- Experience building frontend apps (web and/or mobile native)
- Knowledge of one or more continuous integration pipeline software products such as Jenkins, Github Actions, CircleCI, etc.
Salary Range: $160,000 - $210,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.