Senior Character Technical Director
Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
The Computer Vision Team is responsible for key technologies enabling our new class of mobile device and services. We work with Software Engineering teams to create groundbreaking new experiences and are at the center of Humane’s push toward the next shift between humans and computing. Our work spans on-device models and algorithms tuned for size to massive scale distributed cloud systems. We value creative thinking, deep understanding, resourceful use of existing technologies, and a drive to ship something new and unique. The Computer Vision team is seeking a Senior Character Technical Director to help drive our efforts in the field of synthetic data creation.
What You Might Do
- Work with our computer vision & machine learning team as an individual contributor to create efficient workflows to generate synthetic data for various projects.
- Work directly with artists and engineers to design and implement tools and pipelines that will serve as the backbone of our synthetic data workflow.
- 5+ years of production experience
- Excellence in rigging, skinning, retargeting characters
- 3D assets topology
- Solid knowledge of the computer graphics pipelines.
- Advanced knowledge of Maya, Unreal Engine
- PBR workflow
- Mindset of lifelong learning and creativity. We are working on problems which require unorthodox approaches and staying on top of technological innovation.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ and python code.
- Focus on hands
- Motion Capture experience
- Can perform 3D generalist tasks
- Knowledge of Maya and Unreal Engine SDKs.
- Assets management.
- Ability to take direction well.
- Must be a creative problem-solver.
- Must be an excellent team player.
- Good communication skills are a must.
- Ability to drive tasks independently and escalate and communicate issues and needs clearly
Salary range: $150,000 - $200,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.