Head of Customer Experience
Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About the Role
As the Head of the Customer Experience (CX) team, you will report to the COO and have the opportunity to build the foundation of the Customer Support team. Your first priority will be to create a customer support strategy that blends human connection with innovation and delivers a best-in-class customer experience. You will work closely with the Design, Marketing, Engineering, and Program Management teams – as well as our CX outsourcing partner – to align on external communications, software updates, and business goals. You will represent the voice of our customer and customer support teams, using your learnings to provide critical feedback that will shape the future of our product and processes. You will have a chance to create the customer experience you’ve always dreamed of, with a lasting impact on how Humane is presented to the world and our customers.
What You Might Do
- Hire, coach, and manage a fantastic team of support agents that love helping people.
- Define the analytics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) used to evaluate customer support (at the team and individual levels) and establish team goals and priorities.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define technical troubleshooting steps, agent escalation paths, and any other processes needed to empower agents to do what’s best for our customers.
- Create and maintain an internal customer support wiki to promote knowledge sharing among the team.
- Work alongside our CX outsourcing partner to develop a multi-channel, efficient support strategy that aligns with Humane’s culture and business goals.
- Assist with incident response when necessary as an escalation point, communicating with customers and sharing necessary info with internal teams.
- Develop ways to collect, analyze, and leverage data to continually improve the team’s performance, customer satisfaction, and the overall customer experience.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and customer support best practices to inform your perspective on how to optimize the customer experience with the growth of the business.
- 7+ years of experience in customer support, with at least 3 years leading a support team
- 3+ years of experience working with outsourced vendor services
- Strong experience setting up and scaling customer support from the ground up
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present information in a variety of different formats to all levels of stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to articulate and define outcome measures that capture key performance metrics
- You are excited to have a hands-on approach, helping out wherever needed to get the team and program off the ground
- You are a compassionate and inspiring leader who understands the importance of advocating for both customers and customer support agents
- You have a clear point of view on how to build out the customer experience journey – the common pitfalls, quick wins, worthwhile investments, etc
- Working knowledge of common customer data platforms, sources, tools (i.e. Zendesk or similar, Shopify, Netsuite, etc)
- Experience with customer support for consumer electronics
Salary range: $175,000 - $235,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.
Something looks off?