Senior System Software Engineer, WiFi
Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Humane's System Software team is responsible for firmware, operating system software, hardware-accelerated algorithms, connectivity, and core developer frameworks supporting our products. We serve as the glue between our hardware teams and our higher-level software teams, and delight in finding creative solutions to complex, interdisciplinary problems as we bring our product visions to life.
As a WiFi SW engineer on our team, you will design, develop and implement connectivity solutions, with a concentration on Android WiFi stack, RF, compliance, and test. You will also have plenty of opportunity to develop and grow your own leadership skills as you coordinate development efforts with vendors, consultants, and manufacturing partners.
What You Might Do
- Develop WiFi FW in compliance with standards, specifications, and certification requirements
- Define architecture and solutions for WiFi features
- Work on low level driver integration, configuration, and customization for WiFi RF systems
- Help debug issues with Hardware, RF, System Verification Teams
- Improve power, performance, and stability on our products
- Define and measure product-level KPIs
- 5+ years of experience in Android development and shipping WiFi enabled devices
- Familiarity with 802.11/WiFi Protocols
- Experience developing software using embedded SDK’s, frameworks
- Strong software engineering skills including design, programming, and debugging
- Ability to communicate technical ideas clearly and effectively
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP protocols and IP networking
- Basic understanding of 802.1x security
- Experience working in a testing lab environment for RF systems and with RF test equipment
- Understanding of Android frameworks and architecture
- Fluent in at least one of C, C++, Rust, Java, or Kotlin
- Experience with RFFE product specifications
- Exposure to ACTS automation
- Experience debugging RF SW and HW failures, identifying root-causes and recommending fixes
- Experience with protocol analyzers, log analyzers, sniffers
Salary range: $185,000 - $235,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.
Something looks off?