Senior RF Engineer
Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Humane's RF Engineering Team works cross-functionally with electrical engineering, software, product design, industrial design, program management, and operations to deliver a successful product to market. As a Senior RF Engineer on the team, you will drive the product from conception to production while owning wireless architecture, component selection, design, validation, and certification.
What You Might Do
- Responsible for RF transceiver, baseband, and front-end system implementation throughout a product design cycle
- Responsible for part selection, prototyping, factory bring up and lab bench debug and root cause analysis
- Perform RF link budget planning, multi-radio coexistence mitigation
- Design complex RF logic boards and flexible circuits
- Develop RF calibration and verification test systems for mass-production
- Work with internal, cross-functional teams and external JDM/CM to successfully bring wireless product to market
- 5+ years of experience shipping high volume consumer electronics products with multiple wireless communication technologies
- Knowledge of radio standards and experience with regulatory and certification for wireless communication technologies
- Experience designing system and development PCBs, flexes, and modules from concept to executing board-level validation
- Hands-on experience working with RF lab equipment for measuring system performance, i.e. Sensitivity, EVM, S-Parameters, Emissions, Stability, Output Power
- Experience working with overseas CMs/JDMs to design and manufacture products
- Ability to travel to factories to support builds
- Passionate about working on highly creative, fast-paced, and collaborative teams alongside Industrial designers, Software Engineers, and UX Designers
- Experience with Python and ADS for RF simulation and test automation
- Experience with schematic capture and circuit board layout design tools
- Knowledge of Antenna Design and key tradeoffs for optimizing OTA performance
- Ability to drive tasks independently and communicate issues/root-cause analysis clearly
- Experience presenting to senior leadership
- Ability to speak Mandarin is a plus
Salary range: $155,000 - $215,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.
Something looks off?