Computational Photography Engineer
Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
The Computer Vision Team is responsible for key technologies enabling our new class of mobile device and services. We work with Software Engineering teams to create groundbreaking new experiences and are at the center of Humane’s push toward the next shift between humans and computing. Our work spans on-device models and algorithms tuned for size to massive scale distributed cloud systems. We value creative thinking, deep understanding, resourceful use of existing technologies, and a drive to ship something new and unique. The Computer Vision team is looking for a Computational Photography Engineer to help drive our efforts in the field of media processing to create magical user experiences.
What You Might Do
- Work with our computer vision & machine learning team to bring cutting edge computer vision and media processing research into novel practical applications
- Work closely with our design team to ideate, iterate, and push the boundaries of computational photography/videography
- Work with device and cloud engineers to design, develop and test robust and seamless imaging pipelines
- Design tooling for model validation and pipeline testing/comparisons
- 3+ years of professional experience in computer vision, image processing/computational photography
- Experiences working with C, C++, OpenCV, or Python
- Passion for photography or visual arts
- Experience with Tensorflow/PyTorch and other deep learning toolkits
- Deep knowledge in at least one of the following: classical image processing techniques, computer graphics, machine learning, computer vision, video/audio processing, video/audio understanding, digital camera pipelines
- Familiarity with industry standards in digital photography (Tone mapping, HDR, denoising, etc)
- Strong programming, debugging and design skills
- Proven track record of building and shipping consumer products end-to-end
- Excellent team player
- Ability to drive tasks independently and escalate and communicate issues and needs clearly
Salary range: $155,000 - $195,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.
Something looks off?