Senior Hardware Engineer, System Integration
Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Humane's Systems Integration Team works cross-functionally with software, product design, industrial design, program management, and operations to deliver a successful product to market. As a Senior Hardware Engineer on the team, you will drive the product from conception to production while owning the electrical engineering architecture, selection, design and validation.
What You Might Do
- Plan and lead validation of your designs: lead complete functional verification, signal characterization, power modeling/test, and system coexistence testing
- Bring your design to mass production by setting factory test requirements, assisting in software bring up, traveling on-site to the manufacturer to ensure the design is built and tested successfully
- 5+ years of experience working in the consumer electronics industry
- Ability to travel to factories to support builds
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout tools
- Experience shipping high volume consumer electronics products
- Proven ability to collaborate with overseas CMs/JDMs to design and manufacture products
- Experience working with lab equipment for hands-on prototyping, design, and power analysis
- You have a desire to work in a collaborative environment where honesty and accountability are paramount
- Ability to drive tasks independently and escalate and communicate issues and needs clearly
Salary range: $155,000 - $215,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.
Something looks off?