Software Engineer, Android Telephony
Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Humane's System Software team is responsible for firmware, operating system software, hardware-accelerated algorithms, connectivity, and core developer frameworks supporting our products. We serve as the glue between our hardware teams and our higher-level software teams, and delight in finding creative solutions to complex, interdisciplinary problems as we bring our product visions to life. As an Android telephony software engineer, you will work within the team and cross functionally to provide cellular and telephony solutions that provide great customer experiences.
What You Might Do
- Design, implement and drive new Android telephony/IMS features
- Debug, triage, and fix telephony related issues
- Support the bring up and debug of Android telephony/IMS features and functionality
- Assist with hardware bring-up, 3rd party integration, testing, debugging and device manufacturing
- 2+ years of experience shipping cellular enabled devices
- Experience in the design, development, debugging, or test of Android telephony/RIL SW
- Familiarity with cellular technologies (LTE or 5G)
- Familiarity with SoC architecture
- Strong Software Engineering skills including design, programming (C, C++, or Java) and debugging
- Awareness of power/performance tradeoffs in SW design
- Ability to collaborate in a psychologically safe and healthy team environment
- Experience with carriers’ customization features development
- Experience with IMS components (especially VoLTE and VoWiFi)
- Familiarity with 3GPP/3GPP2 standards
- Understanding of wireless system verification processes
- Understanding of mobile operator and industry certifications (such as GCF and PTCRB)
- Experience working with telecom carriers on cellular certification
- Experience with the debug of RF SW and HW failures, identifying root-causes and recommending fixes
Salary range: $155,000 - $195,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.
Something looks off?