VP of Finance
Who We Are:
Dusty Robotics develops robot-powered tools for the modern construction workforce.
While today's buildings are built predominantly with manual labor, Dusty envisions a future in which skilled labor makes use of robotic automation to make the work safer, more efficient, and more precise! We want to create a future where construction workers don't need to retire early because their bodies give out. In Dusty's future, the buildings we live and work in are built by teams of creative and problem-solving construction crews who direct robots to do the dull/dirty/dangerous work.
What We're Building:
Dusty bridges the gap between the digital world of building design with the skilled labor operating in the field, accelerating the digital transformation of the construction industry. The centerpiece of our strategy is the FieldPrinter: a mobile printer-on-wheels that prints building floorplans full-size on the concrete floor of a construction site. When errors in layout can cause multi-million-dollar mistakes, our product ensures that all field crews are building off of a single source of truth derived from the digital model.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Finance will be a key member of the executive team and will be responsible for leading the company's financial operations, developing and executing financial strategies, and supporting the company's growth objectives.
- Lead the company's financial planning and analysis, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling.
- Manage the company's financial operations, including accounting, tax, and treasury functions, and Dusty’s cash flow maintaining a comprehensive treasury management plan.
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations of the company, including accounting, financial reporting, payroll, and accounts payable/receivable.
- Develop and maintain relationships with investors, advisors, financial institutions, and other key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain financial models and forecasts to support business decision-making and strategic planning.
- Provide financial leadership and thought partnership to the CEO and executive team in developing and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with the executive team to define and measure key performance indicators and metrics that reflect the health and success of the business.
- Create and present reports to the board and investors that accurately reflect the company's financial health and potential.
- Lead the fundraising process, including preparing financial materials, negotiating terms, and managing investor relationships.
- Cultivate solid relationships with the Dusty exec team, board members, and bankers.
- Ensure that all financial records and reports are accurate, timely, and compliant with GAAP and other regulatory requirements.
- Build and lead a high-performing finance team.
- 10+ years of relevant finance experience, including experience in a senior finance leadership role.
- Experience in fundraising, preferably at a growth-stage startup. Ideally, has led at least one successful fundraise.
- Strong financial modeling, budgeting, forecasting, analysis, and reporting skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to present complex financial concepts in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical audiences, including senior leadership and board.
- Experience in managing relationships with board members, investors, and external partners.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Experience in a high-growth startup environment and in managing the finances of VC-backed companies.
- Experience with accounting and financial modeling in a hardware+software environment.
- Deep understanding of markets (VC, financial, construction).
- Well-versed in scenario planning for VC-backed startups and can propose different strategies based on past experiences.
- Prior construction or adjacent industry knowledge, personal or professional, is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, economics or related field.
Location: This person will work 100% from Dusty HQ
Why You Should Join:
In joining our team, you’ll become an important part of a small and fast-growing company. We are daring to accomplish something big, do you want to be a critical part of Dusty's success? We are deeply committed to our mission, and we believe in removing roadblocks that distract us from reaching our goals.
To that end, we offer an unlimited vacation policy, a 401k with employer match, reasonable work hours, and flexible schedules. We know that our best work happens when we feel well-rested and capable of focusing all of our energy on making Dusty successful!
Strong, effective teams are composed of people with a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences who bring a variety of perspectives to their work. We actively encourage applications from a diverse pool, including those from historically under-represented groups such as women, people of color, people who identify LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and immigrants.
Our Code of Conduct:
Dusty Robotics exists to serve a wide variety of customers from all walks of life. We believe that our mission is best served in an environment that is friendly, safe, accepting, and free of intimidation or harassment. We do not tolerate abusive behavior.
Where You'll Work:
Dusty’s offices are located in Mountain View, CA. You will be primarily working from our office in this role to facilitate rapid coordination with executive leadership and business teams. You can also expect to travel a small amount to customer locations around the US.