Software Systems Hardware Integration Engineer — Intern (Summer 2024)
Astranis is on a mission to bridge the digital divide by connecting the four billion people worldwide who currently lack internet access. We're doing this by building the next generation of smaller, more cost-effective spacecraft to bring the world online.
As a team, we’ve launched two satellites into orbit, signed ten commercial deals worth over $1 billion in revenue, raised over $500 million from top global investors, and recruited a team of over 300 world-class engineers. We all work out of our (legendary) San Francisco office, which was once used to build ships during the World Wars.
Our satellites, which operate from geostationary orbit (GEO), weigh only 400 kg and utilize a proprietary software-defined radio payload. Each satellite can connect over two million people, and we’re very excited for the impact we’ll soon have in the Philippines, Peru, Mexico, and more!
Backed by substantial funding and a passionate, collaborative team, we offer a rewarding work environment where you'll learn and make a significant impact, no matter where you are in your career.
Apply and join us on our journey towards global connectivity!
- Work with the engineering team to design, write and test software (embedded software running on satellites, as well as variety of ground control and testing software)
- Currently pursuing a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- Experience with C/C++ and scripting language(s)
- Demonstrated ability to personally design, write, and test software from scratch
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- 40 hours per week minimum
- Must be onsite in San Francisco 3 days a week minimum
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Experience with embedded systems running on bare metal
- Experience with real time operating systems
- Experience with FPGA or DSP programming