Principal Engineer - Data Engineering
Come work alongside some of the most talented minds in agriculture technology. We are a team of innovators who are accelerating the sustainability and digitization of our planet’s food system. At Arable, you will have the unique opportunity to build something meaningful with an amazing group of people who care about each other and their work.
What we do:
At Arable, our goal is to connect all the world’s farms and provide the highest quality data to power the predictive analytics that will help optimize the global food system. This is an ambitious goal, but the need has never been greater to rethink how we will feed an ever-growing population and reduce our impact on natural resources. We believe the heart of the solution is digitizing the analog world with high-fidelity data to help food producers optimize their operations. We hope the impact of our work will improve the lives of farmers everywhere and be a major contribution to securing the global food supply for decades to come.
A few examples of the work we’re doing today:
- Helping farmers in India and Mozambique adapt to the effects of climate change on their farms with novel data-driven crop insurance
- Giving fresh produce growers in California, USA the tools to optimize production with less food waste
- Helping irrigated farmers in Nebraska, USA to manage water more efficiently and sustainably to protect our water supply
What we are looking for:
- Work on highly visible, customer-facing projects from the Arable Roadmap.
- Work with the Product Management team to understand customer needs and propose solutions
- Design and develop enterprise software solutions in an Agile development environment
- Design and implement efficient data processing solutions from multiple heterogeneous data sources
- Build and maintain appropriate technical documentation including ER models, data dictionaries, taxonomy to aid data traceability etc.,
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve team goals/OKRs Actively participate in quarterly planning activities and Sprint activities
- Support delivering high-quality, scalable, and maintainable software solutions
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent field
- 10+ years of experience in IT with 5+ years in data processing, data lake, data storage solutions
- Expert in architecting and implementing cloud based data processing solutions using data pipelines preferably on AWS
- Experience working with ETL methodologies, scripting languages like Python and relevant libraries useful for data processing
- Experience working with Big Data Systems, RDBMS, NoSQL, Cache & In-memory stores
- Hands on experience with Data Warehouse, Data Integration, Data Virtualization technologies
- Hands on experience with Data Visualization Tools like Tableau, QuickSight, Power BI
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with multiple public cloud environments like Azure, GCP etc., Experience using SQL, preferably with PostgreSQL
- Experience using GraphQL databases like Neo4J, Apollo Server
- Experience with loT systems
What we offer:
At Arable, you will be joining a company of dedicated team players who bring together diverse expertise and a passion for building a more sustainable future. We are a fast-moving startup committed to providing a rewarding employee experience through the work we do, the team, compensation, and benefits, including:
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid Remote work environment
- A focus on community involvement and career development
- Being an intricate part of creating an excellent IoT product in the agtech space and having a positive impact on the world we live in.
At Arable, we don't just accept difference—we celebrate and support it. Not only because it's the right thing to do but because we draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to make Arable thrive. Arable is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and is an affirmative-action employer.