Strategic Program Manager (Sustainable Agriculture)
*PLEASE ATTACH YOUR RESUME IN ENGLISH**
Come work alongside some of the most talented minds in the agtech industry. We are a team of innovators who are accelerating the digitization and sustainability of our planet’s food system. At Arable, you will have the unique opportunity to build something meaningful with an amazing group of people who care about each other and their work.
Come help build the future of agriculture!
What we do:
At Arable, our goal is to connect all the world’s farms to help optimize the global food system. This is an ambitious goal, but the need has never been greater to rethink how we will feed an ever-growing population and reduce our impact on natural resources. We believe the heart of the solution is digitizing the analog world with high-fidelity data to help food producers optimize their operations. We hope the impact of our work will improve the lives of farmers everywhere and be a major contribution to securing the global food supply for decades to come.
What you will do:
Arable is seeking an experienced and highly motivated program or project manager to lead the planning and execution of a complex joint initiative. This initiative is a multi-year collaboration between several stakeholders seeking to unlock agriculture’s potential to be a leading source of carbon sequestration. In this role, you’ll help build, test, and deliver a high-trust, low-cost carbon measurement and verification system—all starting in Brazil.
This project is designed to demonstrate the power of combining ground truth crop intelligence with remote-sensed data in a science-based model to produce an accurate and scalable carbon measurement and verification (MRV) system. It will leverage and integrate the latest in digital agriculture technology advancements (including in-field weather, crop, and soil sensing hardware and cutting-edge carbon monitoring solutions) to provide accurate and trusted carbon estimation and verification at a fraction of the cost of existing solutions.
In this role, you will be responsible for setting up and managing collaborations with various stakeholders, including large farms, enterprises, research institutions, and other technical collaborators. Your expertise in relationship management, exceptional planning and communication skills, and knowledge of the Brazilian agriculture sector will be crucial in driving the overall success of this project.
- Establish and nurture strong relationships with partners and stakeholders in the agriculture industry. Leverage these relationships to facilitate collaboration, gather insights, and foster an environment of mutual benefit.
- Lead and oversee the teams involved in project deployments, ensuring efficient execution and adherence to timelines. Develop and implement project plans, monitor progress, and proactively address any issues or risks. Coordinate multiple projects within the program, ensuring alignment of goals, resources, and deliverables.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the project team, maintaining open lines of communication, addressing concerns, and proactively identifying opportunities for collaboration and growth. Foster strong partnerships with other relevant stakeholders to further advance the program objectives.
- Contribute to the strategic planning process, leveraging your knowledge of the Brazilian agriculture sector to identify new opportunities, potential challenges, and innovative approaches. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and refine program strategies.
- Monitor program and project progress, evaluate performance metrics, and provide regular updates to key stakeholders and the executive steering committee. Prepare comprehensive reports summarizing program and project accomplishments, challenges, and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in business, agriculture, or related field
- English proficiency required for effective communication with Headquarters
- Proven experience in program and project management
- Experience leading agriculture, carbon, or sustainability programs
- Strong understanding of the Brazilian agriculture sector, including key players, regulatory frameworks, and market dynamics
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to build and maintain partnerships with stakeholders at various levels
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to convey complex information effectively
- Strong organizational and leadership abilities, with a track record of successfully managing cross-functional teams
- Strategic mindset with the ability to identify opportunities and drive innovative solutions
If you are passionate about agriculture, thrive in a collaborative environment, and have a demonstrated ability to leverage relationships for program and project advancement, we encourage you to apply.
What we offer:
At Arable, you will join a company of dedicated team players who bring together diverse expertise and a passion for building a more sustainable future. We are a fast-moving startup committed to providing a rewarding employee experience through the work we do, the team, compensation, and benefits, including:
- A focus on community involvement and career development
- Being a part of creating innovative new products that have a positive impact on the world
At Arable, we don't just accept difference—we celebrate and support it. Not only because it's the right thing to do but because we draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to make Arable thrive. Arable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative-action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
*PLEASE ATTACH YOUR RESUME IN ENGLISH**